Speedy spicy turkey rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 red chilli , sliced (optional)
- small bunch spring onions , chopped
- 300g cold cooked rice (or use a pouch of straight-to-wok rice)
- 2 tbsp each soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- 85g frozen peas
- 2 thick slices ham , chopped
- 100g/4oz shredded leftover turkey
- STEP 1
Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the eggs, swirl to coat the base of the pan and allow to set to an omelette, flip and cook for 1-2 mins. Once cooked, remove, shred and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the pan, then stir-fry the chilli, if using, and spring onions for 1 min.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining ingredients and the egg, and heat through, stirring, until piping hot. Serve immediately with some extra soy and sweet chilli sauce, if you like.