Smoked trout & bulgur wheat salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 100g medium bulgur wheat
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ripe tomato , halved, deseeded and diced
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- 3 x 20g packs flat leaf parsley , leaves roughly chopped
- handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 400g smoked trout fillets
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- STEP 1
Cook bulgur wheat according to pack instructions, and leave to cool. Make a dressing: whisk the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil together and season to taste.
- STEP 2
Tip the bulgur wheat into a bowl, add the tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and mint. Pour the dressing in and stir to combine. Flake the trout into chunks – discarding skin and bone. Gently fold into the salad.
- STEP 3
Mix the yogurt and dill together in a small bowl, adding enough water to give the consistency of pouring cream. Season to taste and serve alongside the salad to drizzle on top.