- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , very finely sliced
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and finely chopped
- few thyme sprigs
- 2 small or 1 large celeriac , peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- splash of white wine (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a shallow pan and sizzle the garlic for 1 min until fragrant. Add the chilli, thyme and celeriac. Toss everything to coat in the oil, then season with salt.
- STEP 2
Turn the heat down to a minimum, cover the pan and cook everything really gently for 40 mins or until soft enough to squash. Stir occasionally and add a splash of white wine or water if it starts to catch. When cooked, crush the celeriac lightly with a wooden spoon and serve. The celeriac may now be left to cool in the pan – reheat on the hob with a drizzle more oil.