Sesame noodles with tofu
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g pack firm tofu , drained (we used Cauldron)
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce , plus extra to serve (optional)
- 300g green veg (we used mange tout and halved bok choi)
- 1 garlic clove , sliced
- small knob of ginger , peeled and shredded
- 300g pack straight-to-wok egg noodle (or use 2 sheets medium dried egg noodles and follow pack instructions)
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil , plus extra to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Cut the tofu into 12 pieces and mix with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp of sesame oil. Heat the remaining oil in a wok, then stir-fry the vegetables, garlic and ginger for 2 mins until the vegetables are starting to wilt. Drizzle with 2 tbsp water, then stir-fry for another min.
- STEP 2
Add the noodles, sesame seeds and soy sauce from the marinated tofu, then stir-fry for 2 mins. Now add the tofu, splash over the remaining soy sauce, then cover with a lid or baking sheet. Leave for 1 min so that the tofu heats through, then gently mix into the rest of the stir-fry.
- STEP 3
Lift the noodles and tofu into bowls and splash over a little more soy sauce and sesame oil to serve, if you like.