Sesame & honey tofu with rice noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 396g pack firm tofu , cut into sticks 1cm x 3cm, and patted dry
- 150g dried brown rice noodles
- 1 tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 red pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions , cut into fingers
- 2 heads pak choi (about 200g/7oz), washed and leaves separated
- STEP 1
Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the tofu and cook for 5 mins on one side. Turn, then fry for another 3 mins. Continue cooking for 10 mins more, turning regularly – make sure you scrape up any bits that are stuck. Don’t worry if it falls apart a little, these pieces become crispy. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain and set aside. Make the dressing by mixing ½ tbsp oil, tamari, five-spice and honey. 3 Heat the remaining ½ tbsp sesame oil in the frying pan and cook the pepper for 1 min, then add the onions and pak choi. Toss together for 3 mins, until just wilted. Add the noodles and half the dressing and mix well. Heat through and divide between 4 bowls. Top with the tofu and drizzle remaining dressing over.