- 2 skinless chicken breast
- 85g frozen soya bean
Soya beans and soy beans are exactly the same and the names are used interchangeably according…
- 1 large carrot, finely cut into thin matchsticks
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 4 spring onion, finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 140g cherry tomato, halved
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- small handful Thai or ordinary basil leaves, chopped if large
- 85g herb or baby salad leaves
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing
Put the chicken in a pan and pour over cold water to cover. Tip the soya beans into a steamer. Bring the pan to a gentle simmer, then cook the chicken for 8 mins with the beans above.
Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. When the chicken is cooked, slice and toss in the dressing along with the beans, carrot, onions, tomatoes, coriander and basil. Mix really well, pile onto the salad leaves and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.