Seared tuna & anchovy runner beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
The perfect lunch or light dinner, this healthy seared tuna and runner bean dish packs in nutrients and tastes great
- 3 tbsp snipped chives
- 12 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint , plus a few small leaves, for serving
- zest and juice 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 6 anchovies (smoked or unsmoked), chopped
- 300g runner beans , sliced diagonally
- 2 tuna steaks
- small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- STEP 1
Put the chives, basil and mint in a small food processor with the lemon zest and juice, oil and mustard. Blitz to a purée. Take out 2 tbsp to use as a coating for the fish, then stir the capers and anchovies into the rest.
- STEP 2
Cook the runner beans in boiling salted water or steam for 5 mins until tender but still with a little bite.
- STEP 3
Brush the tuna with the reserved herby mixture and griddle for 2-3 mins each side until cooked but still a little pink in the centre. Toss half the caper dressing through the warm beans with the parsley and pile onto plates. Top with the tuna, spoon over the remaining dressing and scatter with the almonds and mint leaves.