Easy sausage casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
Get three of your five-a-day in this easy sausage casserole. Make our French-inspired one-pot, packed with juicy sausages and beans for a simple supper
- 2 tsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 4 large meaty sausages
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 carrots , finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 400g can cherry tomato
- 400g can cannellini bean (don't drain)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp thyme , chopped, plus extra for garlic bread
- 1 garlic clove ½ grated, ½ whole
- 4 slices ciabatta
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a wide shallow pan and fry the sausages until browned. Push to one side, then tip in the onion, carrots and celery, and cook, with the lid on, for 10 mins until softened.
- STEP 2
Stir in the tomatoes, beans and their juice, stock cube and thyme. Add grated garlic, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, toast the ciabatta, then rub with the remaining garlic, drizzle with oil, scatter with a few thyme leaves and serve with the casserole.