Saucy bean baked eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 400g can mixed bean salad , drained
- 200g baby spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 50g thinly sliced smoked ham , torn
- wholemeal rye bread , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Tip the tomatoes and bean salad into an ovenproof frying pan or shallow flameproof casserole dish. Simmer for 10 mins, or until reduced. Stir in the spinach and cook for 5 mins more until wilted.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to medium. Make four indentations in the mixture using the back of a spoon, then crack one egg in each. Nestle the ham in the mixture, then grill for 4-5 mins, or until the whites are set and the yolks runny. Serve with rye bread, if you like.