- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small lime, zested and juiced
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g creamed coconut
- 1 nest dried rice noodles
- 1 large carrot, cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
Mix together the soy, peanut butter, lime zest and juice, then set aside. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, add ½ the spring onions, ½ the chilli, the garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 mins.
Pour in 450ml water, bring to the boil, then crumble in the coconut. Stir to dissolve, then spoon in the peanut butter mixture. Mix well, drop in the noodles and ½ the carrot ribbons, and cook for 5 mins. Season to taste, spoon into a bowl and top with the remaining spring onion, chilli and carrot ribbons. Drizzle over extra sesame oil or soy.