- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 mango , slightly under-ripe
- 1 papaya , not too ripe
- 1 large tart apple (such as Granny Smith’s)
- 400g prepared pineapple (roughly one small fruit), cut into chunks
- ½ ridge cucumber , peeled and cut into chunks (available from Waitrose or your local greengrocers)
- ½ ripe Galia or Ogen melon
- 30g roasted unsalted peanuts , very roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds , lightly toasted
For the dressing
- STEP 1
Mix the ingredients for the dressing together. Peel the mango and cut the cheeks from each side of the stone. Remove the rest of the flesh and slice, discarding any squashed or bruised bits (you need firm flesh for this dish). Peel the papaya, halve, deseed and cut the flesh into slices, and do the same with the melon.
- STEP 2
Peel or leave the skin of the apple intact, whichever you prefer, then halve, core and cut into small chunks, or thin slices. Carefully toss all the fruit together with the dressing (it works best to use your hands). Taste. You may find you need more lime once the dressing is tossed with the fruit. If using this as a relish instead of as a fruit salad, add chopped coriander. Scatter the peanuts and sesame seeds over before serving.