Easy vegetable lasagne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 3 red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 aubergines, cut into ½ cm thick slices
- 8 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the dish
- ½ quantity tomato sauce (see below)
- 300g fresh lasagne sheets
- ½ quantity white sauce (see below)
- 125g ball mozzarella (or vegetarian alternative)
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lightly oil two large baking trays and add the peppers and aubergines. Toss with the olive oil, season well, then roast for 25 mins until lightly browned.
- STEP 2
Reduce the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly oil a 30 x 20cm ovenproof dish. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over a third of the tomato sauce. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets, then drizzle over a quarter of the white sauce. Repeat until you have three layers of pasta.
- STEP 3
Spoon the remaining white sauce over the pasta, making sure the whole surface is covered. Scatter over the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 45 mins until bubbling and golden.