Roasted veg & couscous salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Throw together a filling and fragrant couscous salad for a vegetarian lunchbox meal, or double it for a buffet
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper , halved and deseeded
- ½ butternut squash
- 2 courgettes , thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , leave skin on
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion , thickly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 50g whole blanched almonds
- 250g couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 20g pack mint , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash). Tip all the veg into a baking tray, add garlic, 2 tbsp oil and seasoning, then mix and roast for 20 mins. Add onion, cumin, harissa and almonds. Roast for another 20 mins, then cool.
- STEP 2
Put couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover, then set aside for 10 mins. Fluff up with a fork.
- STEP 3
In a bowl, mix zest, juice and remaining oil. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint. Pour over the veg, then toss with the couscous.