Roasted salmon rye toasts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 32
- 120g boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 4 slices German-style rye bread
- 4 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
For the pickled cucumber
- 1-inch piece cucumber
- ½ tsp toasted coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the apple & chilli salsa
- ½ apple , cored and cut into small cubes
- ¼ red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- splash of olive oil
- small handful parsley leaves , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the salmon fillet on a piece of foil. Season, then wrap in the foil and roast for 8 mins until just flaking. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
To make the pickled cucumber, cut the cucumber piece in half lengthways. Scrape out the core and discard. Cut in half again, then cut into quarter moons at an angle. Put in a bowl with the coriander, vinegar and a pinch of sugar and salt. Mix well and leave to pickle for at least 15 mins.
- STEP 3
To make the apple & chilli salsa, combine all the ingredients, mix well and season to taste.
- STEP 4
Toast the bread and cut each slice into eight squares. Spread with the crème fraîche and flake the salmon between the toasts. Top half with the pickled cucumber and half with the salsa.