Ricotta, broccoli & lemon penne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 200g wholemeal penne
- 1 leek , washed and sliced
- 200g broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper , deseeded, quartered and sliced
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- STEP 1
Boil the pasta with the leeks for 7 mins, then add the broccoli and boil for 5 mins more until just tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the pepper with the rosemary, chilli and garlic in a large non-stick pan for 5 mins until softened.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta and veg, reserving a little water, then tip the pasta and veg into the pan. Add the lemon zest and juice, ricotta, and some pasta water. Pile into bowls.