Red pepper linguine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar or roast one yourself)
- 30ml olive oil
- 50g walnuts , toasted, plus extra to serve
- 1 small garlic clove
- 100g linguine or spaghetti
- parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated, to serve
- STEP 1
Blitz the roasted red pepper with the olive oil, walnuts and garlic in a food processor, season well and set aside.
- STEP 2
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 1 min less than the pack instructions and drain, reserving a ladleful of cooking water. Tip the pasta back into the pan, along with the reserved cooking water and red pepper sauce, and return to the heat to warm through. Tip the pasta into a bowl and top with the parmesan and some chopped toasted walnuts. Season and serve.