Prawn bruschetta skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus soaking
- Serves 8
- 200g cooked large prawn (you want about 16), defrosted if frozen
- ¼ ciabatta , focaccia or a baguette loaf, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , finely sliced
- 1 lemon , halved
- handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 skewers
- STEP 1
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 1 hr before using. If the skewers are really long, use kitchen scissors to halve. On each skewer, thread the tail of the prawn, then a cube of bread, then the top of the prawn so the prawn loops the bread. If the prawns aren’t big enough, just alternate prawns and bread, so each skewer has 2 of each. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with garlic. The skewers can now be kept in the fridge for several hrs.
- STEP 2
Cook over the hot coals until the bread is toasted. While still on the barbecue, squeeze over the lemon. Then remove, season, drizzle with a bit more oil and scatter with parsley. Arrange on a plate or in a small jar sticking up, with a glass of something light, cold and very fizzy.