- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling and freezing
- Serves 8
- 1 pineapple , peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 100ml lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 ripe mango , peeled and thinly sliced, to serve
For the stock syrup
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 vanilla pod , split in half lengthways
- 1 cinnamon stick
- STEP 1
Put the pineapple into a blender or food processor and blitz to a purée. To make the stock syrup, put all the ingredients in a large pot with 500ml water, slowly bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 2
Tip the pineapple purée and the lime juice into the syrup and stir well. Leave to cool, then strain and churn in an ice-cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions. Place in a container and freeze. Alternatively, tip the syrup into a large tray and freeze until it starts to set, then every hour or so break up the ice with a fork. Serve the sorbet scooped into dessert glasses with a few slices of mango.