Pesto pizza with artichokes & prosciutto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 45 minutes
- Serves 3 generously, 4 at a pinch
- 290g twin-pack Italian pizza base mix
- 4 tomatoes (350g/12oz), skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- about 260g jar artichoke hearts or baby artichokes in oil, halved if not already done
- 50g prosciutto
- 150g packet mozzarella , drained and finely sliced
- 25g freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 2 tbsp oil from the artichoke jar
- STEP 1
Make up the pizza mix according to instructions (you will need to use both packets that are in the box). Roll out quite thinly and use to line the base of a 28-30cm shallow square or round baking tin. Let stand according to packet instructions and preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7/fan 200C.
- STEP 2
Mix the tomatoes with 2 tbsp of the pesto and spread over the pizza, leaving a bare rim around the edge. Scatter the artichokes and prosciutto on top (the ham tears as you remove it from the packet, which is what you want). Cover with the mozzarella and sprinkle with the Parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle with the rest of the pesto mixed with the artichoke oil.
- STEP 3
Bake for about 20 minutes until the base is cooked through and the cheese has melted. Serve hot.