Pea, feta & summer herb frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g new potato (such as Jersey Royals), halved if large
- 4 eggs and 2 egg whites
- splash of milk
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tbsp gluten-free wholegrain mustard
- handful mixed soft herbs , such as dill, mint and parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette , coarsely grated
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 140g petits pois (defrosted if frozen)
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- 50g sundried tomato , drained and roughly chopped
- 100g bag salad leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 12-15 mins or until tender. Drain, leave to cool, then thinly slice. Whisk the eggs and egg whites with the milk, garlic, mustard and herbs, and season generously. Add the cream cheese and fold through just a little so that some lumps remain. Heat the grill to medium-high.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil over a medium heat in a 23cm non-stick frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for about 5 mins, until they start to turn golden. Add the courgette and chilli flakes, and continue to fry for a couple mins more. Stir through the petit pois.
- STEP 3
Tip the egg mixture into the pan and scatter with the feta and tomatoes. Cook over a gentle heat for 10-12 mins until almost set. Pop the pan under the grill and cook for 3-5 mins until puffed, golden and cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.