Omelette pancakes with tomato & pepper sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 4 large eggs
- handful basil leaves
For the sauce
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil , plus a little extra for the pancakes
- 1 yellow pepper , quartered, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- wholemeal bread or salad leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
First make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the pepper and garlic for 5 mins to soften them. Spoon in the cider vinegar and allow to sizzle away. Tip in the tomatoes, then measure in a third of a can of water. Cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins until the peppers are tender and the sauce is thick.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make the pancakes. Beat 1 egg with 1 tsp water and seasoning, then heat a small non-stick frying pan with a tiny amount of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 mins until set into a thin pancake. Lift onto a plate, cover with foil and repeat with the other eggs. Roll up onto warm plates, spoon over the sauce and scatter with the basil. Serve with bread or a salad on the side.