- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225g paneer, cut into chunks
- 200g natural yogurt
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ small pack mint, leaves only, roughly chopped
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 100g poppadums, crushed
- 4-6 tsp mango chutney
Combine the tomatoes, onion and chilli with some seasoning in a bowl to make a salsa, then set aside.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the paneer on both sides until golden.
Make a raita by combining the yogurt, cucumber and most of the mint, then season with some salt.
Put the crushed poppadums in a large dish, pour the raita over, followed by the salsa, then top with the paneer. Dollop spoonfuls of chutney over, scatter over the remaining mint and dig in.