Mustardy pork & apples
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 pork steaks, approx 140g/5oz each, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 eating apples , cored and cut into eight
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- small handful sage leaves, torn, or 2 tsp dried
- 100ml/3½ fl oz chicken or ham stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard
- STEP 1
Rub the pork steaks with a little oil and season with pepper and salt to taste. Heat a large frying pan and fry the steaks for 2 mins on both sides until golden. Transfer to a plate. Adding a little more oil to the pan, fry the apples, onions and sage for 5 mins or until the apples have softened.
- STEP 2
Pour in the stock and spoon in the mustard, then return the pork to the pan and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced by about a third and the pork is cooked through. Serve with veg and mashed potatoes.