Mustard & rosemary pork chops
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 3 hours marinating
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp mild mustard (preferably German, but French is fine)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary , leaves stripped
- 1 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 4 pork shoulder or spare rib chops, about 200g/8oz each
- STEP 1
Mix together the mustard, oil, garlic, rosemary leaves, vinegar and a little black pepper. Tip into a large food bag then add the pork chops. Rub together, seal and marinate for 3 hrs.
- STEP 2
Drain the chops of their marinade. This can then be squeezed out of the bag and mixed with a little cold water until runny. To cook on a griddle, heat the griddle pan until a good heat rises and cook for 10 mins, turning once or twice. As they cook, brush occasionally with the marinade juices. Remove from the heat and season with salt. To help the meat relax a little, leave it loosely covered with foil for about 10 mins before serving.