- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Plus a good hour or so chilling time
- Serves 6
- 500ml marsala wine
- 1 vanilla pod , halved lengthways
- 6 ripe peaches (9 if you want seconds), halved and stoned
- 227g carton clotted cream
- soft almond biscuits , to serve
- STEP 1
Pour the Marsala into a wide shallow pan (large enough to take all the peaches in a single layer) and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, add the vanilla pod and simmer gently for 15 minutes until reduced by nearly two thirds to about 200ml/7 fl oz.
- STEP 2
Carefully tuck in the peaches and cook gently uncovered for about 5 minutes, until starting to soften, turning frequently. Leave to cool in the pan, then tip into a big serving bowl and chill for at least an hour, turning occasionally, until you are ready to serve. (You can prepare to this stage up to 8 hours ahead.)
- STEP 3
To serve, spoon the peaches and juices into bowls and serve with a dollop of clotted cream and the biscuits.