Malt chocolate cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 5 hrs chilling
- Serves 10
- 200g malted milk biscuit, crushed to crumbs
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 x tubs full fat soft cheese (we used Philadelphia; if you use soft or cream cheese from a deli counter the cheesecake might not set)
- 300ml pot double cream
- 300g white chocolate, melted
- 200g bar milk chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp malt or Horlicks powder
- 37g bag white Maltesers
- STEP 1
Line base and sides of a deep, 22-23cm loose-bottomed round tin with baking parchment. Mix the biscuits, melted butter and 2 tbsp of the sugar, then press into base. Chill while you make the filling.
- STEP 2
Divide cream cheese and cream evenly between 2 bowls. Add the white chocolate to one, and the milk chocolate, malt and remaining 3 tbsp sugar to the other. Beat each with an electric whisk until smooth.
- STEP 3
Spread the milk chocolate mixture evenly in the tin. Wipe round the edge to give a smooth edge. Spoon the white chocolate mix over the top and gently smooth. Decorate with Maltesers and chill for at least 5 hrs until firm.