Gingery compote crunch
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 Bramley apples , peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g ready to eat apricot , roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp ginger jam, or more to taste
- ½ a bag frozen forest fruit
- 200g crunchy oat cereal
- 50g pine nut
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Lay the apple slices and apricots in a shallow, microwaveable baking dish, then add the jam and a splash of water. Cover with cling film and cook on High for 5 mins or until the fruit starts to soften. Stir the frozen fruits through, re-cover and cook for another 3 mins until defrosted.
- STEP 2
Mix together the cereal and pine nuts and spoon over. Grill for 2 mins until golden.