- 50g quinoa
- 300g (3 or 4) cooked, vacuum-packed beetroot (not in vinegar), drained
- 250g natural yogurt
- small bunch mint , chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- small bunch dill , chopped
- ½ tbsp oil , for cooking (optional)
- 2 large carrots , peeled and grated
- 1 large or 2 small red onions , halved and finely sliced
- pitta bread , wraps or burger buns to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the quinoa in plenty of boiling water for 10-15 mins (don’t worry if it still has a little bite), then drain well and leave to cool. Grate the beetroot and mix with the yogurt, half the mint and some seasoning. Chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 2
Use your hands to squish together the cooked quinoa, the lamb, the remaining mint, half the dill and some seasoning. Shape into four burger patties. Heat a large frying pan (if it’s non-stick, you won’t need oil as the lamb mince is already fatty; otherwise, add a drizzle of oil). Cook the burgers for 5-8 mins on each side until they have a nice golden crust and are cooked through, then leave them to rest for a few mins.
- STEP 3
Mix the carrots, onions and the remaining dill in a bowl. Gently warm the wraps or buns, then pile with the carrot mix, add the lamb patties and top with a dollop of the beetroot tzatziki.