Lamb with buckwheat noodles & tomato dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This stir-fry is low in fat and calories. Use a lean cut of meat and combine with plenty of vegetables to get four of your recommended 5-a-day
- 12 cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- juice and zest 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 100g buckwheat noodle
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion , halved and sliced
- 1 carrot , cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 100g shredded white cabbage
- 200g lean lamb loin fillet or steaks, diced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- STEP 1
Lightly squash the tomatoes with the fish sauce, lime juice and zest, and the chilli sauce. Cook the noodles following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion, carrot and pepper for 5 mins or until softening. Add the cabbage and cook for a few mins more. Remove the vegetables from the pan, add the lamb and cook for 5-8 mins so that it is still tender and juicy. Take the pan off the heat, toss in the noodles, vegetables, tomato dressing and mint, and serve.
GO LIGHT ON THE FISH SAUCE
Fish sauce is very high in salt, so don't be tempted to add any more.