Kale pasta with chilli & anchovy
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g penne or other tubular pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli , finely sliced (seeds in or out - it's up to you
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 4 anchovies , finely chopped
- 200g young kale , shredded
- juice 1⁄2 lemon
- 50g parmesan , half finely grated, half shaved
- STEP 1
Boil the pasta. While it’s cooking, heat half the oil in a saucepan, then sizzle the chilli, garlic and anchovies. Add the kale, then gently fry until tender, adding a drop of water if needed.
- STEP 2
Drain the pasta, reserving a few tbsp water, then toss the pasta and water through the kale, adding the rest of the olive oil, lemon juice and grated Parmesan. Serve scattered with the Parmesan shavings.