Jerk cod & creamed corn
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 thick cod fillets (about 120g each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- bunch spring onions
- 326g can sweetcorn , drained
- 2 tbsp single cream
- 20g parmesan , finely grated
- ½-1 small red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ small bunch coriander , finely chopped
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the cod on a baking sheet and rub with half the oil, the jerk seasoning and some salt and pepper. Cook for 12-15 mins until cooked through and flaking.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Rub the remaining oil over the whole spring onions. Add to the pan and cook for 8-10 mins or until charred and beginning to soften. Keep warm on a plate.
- STEP 3
Put the corn in a saucepan with the cream and warm through for 2 mins. Using a stick blender, roughly blitz the corn to a semi-smooth consistency. Stir though the parmesan, chilli and half the coriander, then season to taste.
- STEP 4
Serve the cod with the charred spring onions, creamed corn and lime wedges for squeezing over, and scatter over the remaining coriander.