Japanese noodles with sesame dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Soba noodles keep you fuller for longer - serve with sugar snap peas, peppers, cucumber and a tahini sauce for a nutrient-packed supper
- 200g soba noodle
- 100g sugar snap pea , halved lengthways
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber , sliced or peeled into ribbons
- 2 tsp sesame seed , toasted
For the dressing
- STEP 1
First make the dressing. Mix the tahini with 2 tbsp water, then stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and rinse well under cold water. Divide the noodles between 2 bowls and top with the sugar snaps, red pepper and cucumber. Just before serving, pour over the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.