Herby sausages with butter bean mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork & herb sausages
- 8 spring onions , finely sliced
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 fat garlic clove , finely grated
- 1 large lemon , zested and juiced
- wilted greens , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Brush 1 tbsp oil over the sausages, and grill on a tray for 20 mins, turning regularly.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add most of the spring onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the beans, garlic, and lemon zest and juice, cook for a few mins more, then gently mash with a potato masher to get a thick, creamy consistency. Season and cook for 5 mins more until warmed through. Scatter over the remaining spring onion and serve with the sausages and wilted greens.