Harissa fish goujons in lettuce cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy everyday supper that's low in calories and 2 of our 5-a-day? Sign us up! These crisp lettuce cups, seasoned goujons and tahini drizzle make a tasty meal that won't break the bank either
- 700g carrots , halved and cut into long batons
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil , plus extra for greasing
- 1 heaped tbsp harissa
- 2 medium eggs , beaten
- 4 skinned lemon sole fillets (about 500g/ 1lb 2oz in total), cut into thick strips (about 4 strips per fillet), or other sustainable white fish
- 85g fresh breadcrumbs , well seasoned
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- juice 1 lemon
- 3-4 Baby Gem lettuces , leaves separated (you'll need about 16 leaves - large ones work best)
- 4 spring onions , thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7. On a baking tray, toss the carrots with the cumin seeds, oil and seasoning. Bake for 30 mins until tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, grease a non-stick baking tray. Stir the harissa into the beaten egg and season, then tip the fish strips into the mixture and stir to coat. Dip each strip into the breadcrumbs, then place on the prepared tray. Repeat until all the fish strips are coated. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 12 mins until golden brown.
- STEP 3
Mix the tahini with some seasoning, then slowly add the lemon juice, stirring all the time. When you are happy with the flavour, gradually add 1-2 tbsp water to loosen the tahini to a drizzling consistency. Divide the lettuce leaves between four plates and place the fish goujons and roasted carrots inside, adding the spring onions and a drizzle of the tahini dressing to serve.