Halloumi salad with orange & mint
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 medium oranges , segments and juice
- 1 small bunch mint , leaves chopped
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi cheese , drained
- 50g walnut pieces, toasted
- 145g rocket , watercress and spinach
- STEP 1
Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat. In a large bowl, combine the orange segments and juice, mint leaves, vinegar and olive oil. Season, then gently toss together.
- STEP 2
Slice each block of halloumi into 8-10 pieces, then griddle or fry for 1-2 mins on each side until charred and beginning to melt.
- STEP 3
Add the walnuts and salad leaves to the orange and mint, then toss together. Top with the griddled halloumi slices and season with some black pepper.