Halloumi with broccoli tabbouleh & honey-harissa dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 140g couscous
- 300g broccoli florets
- 6 spring onions , finely sliced
- 150g cherry tomato , quartered
- large bunch parsley , finely chopped
- small bunch mint , finely chopped
- juice 2 lemons , zest of ½ lemon
- 2 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi cheese , cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 25g toasted flaked almond
- STEP 1
Put the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Blanch the broccoli for 2 mins, then drain well. Cut it into small pieces or blitz it in a food processor.
- STEP 3
Fork the broccoli, spring onions, tomatoes, herbs, lemon zest, the juice of 1½ lemons and 2 tbsp oil through the couscous. Season and mix well.
- STEP 4
To make the dressing, combine the harissa, honey, remaining lemon juice and oil, and some seasoning.
- STEP 5
Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the halloumi for 1-2 mins on each side until golden. Divide the couscous between the plates, top with the halloumi slices and dressing, then scatter over the almonds.