Grilled tuna with parsley salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 line-caught yellowfin tuna steaks , about 140g/5oz each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons wedges
For the parsley salad
- 2 handfuls (50g/2oz) flat-leaf parsley , very roughly chopped
- 2 shallots , finely sliced
- 1 tbsp capers , roughly chopped
- small handful green olives , stoned and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- STEP 1
First make up the parsley salad by mixing all the ingredients together and stirring until completely combined. Set aside while you cook the tuna.
- STEP 2
Heat a griddle or frying pan until practically smoking. Rub the tuna with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Griddle the tuna steaks for 1 min on each side, turning them 90 degrees after 30 secs if you want criss-cross patterns. This will give you tuna that is medium-rare, but if you like it well-cooked give it a few more mins on each side. It’s important not to move the fish around the pan before it’s seared as it will stick and break up. The steak will release itself from the pan once it’s ready to be turned.
- STEP 3
Serve each steak with half the salad, a lemon wedge for squeezing over and a few new potatoes, if you like.