Grilled aubergine & tomato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 alone or 10 with other dishes
- 1 aubergine , thinly sliced
- 4 vine tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 red chilli , diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus a little for brushing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch basil ,roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a griddle pan. Brush sliced aubergine with olive oil, then grill for 3 mins on each side. Put in a bowl and cover with cling film for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix chopped tomatoes with the garlic clove, red chilli, olive oil and red wine vinegar and allow to stand for 10 mins. Lay the aubergine on a platter, pour over the tomatoes with their juices and finish with basil.