Crostini of artichokes & chives
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 390g can artichoke hearts
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 small garlic cloves , 1 crushed, 1 halved
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 25g parmesan , grated
- small bunch chives , snipped
- 1 baguette , thinly sliced
- few parmesan shavings, to serve
- STEP 1
Drain the tin of artichoke hearts and put them in a food processor with a good squeeze of lemon, the crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil, the Parmesan, a good pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper. Pulse to a chunky purée, scraping down the sides once or twice. Stir in a few snipped chives. This can be made a day ahead and chilled.
- STEP 2
Grill 12 slices of the baguette on each side until golden, rub lightly with the cut garlic clove and brush with the rest of the extra virgin olive oil. Spread generously with artichoke mix, scatter over Parmesan shavings and remaining chives, grind over pepper and serve.