- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 500g turkey mince (preferably breast)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 225g can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
An ingredient with a very unusual, utterly reliable crunch and…
- 200g green beans, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 2 iceberg lettuces, halved and leaves separated
- 6 tbsp sticky plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce, to serve
In a large wok or frying pan, heat the oil and fry the turkey mince until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Tip the carrots, water chestnuts and beans into the pan and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the ginger and garlic, drizzle over the soy and stir-fry for 1-2 mins more. Add the mince and stir-fry until hot. Season to taste.
To serve, pile the turkey and veg into lettuce leaf ‘cups’ and drizzle over the plum or chilli sauce.