Ginger turkey lettuce wraps
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
Pile stir-fried turkey mince, carrots and crunchy water chestnuts into lettuce leaf cups for an Asian inspired sharing starter or light lunch
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 500g turkey mince (preferably breast)
- 2 carrots , finely chopped
- 225g can water chestnuts , drained and finely chopped
- 200g green beans , finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger , peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 iceberg lettuces , halved and leaves separated
- 6 tbsp sticky plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
In a large wok or frying pan, heat the oil and fry the turkey mince until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- STEP 2
Tip the carrots, water chestnuts and beans into the pan and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the ginger and garlic, drizzle over the soy and stir-fry for 1-2 mins more. Add the mince and stir-fry until hot. Season to taste.
- STEP 3
To serve, pile the turkey and veg into lettuce leaf ‘cups’ and drizzle over the plum or chilli sauce.