Ginger noodles with chicken & hoisin aubergines
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 chicken breasts , cut in half so you have 4 thin breasts
- 1 small aubergine , cut in half and then into wedges
- 1 ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 100g wholewheat noodle
- ½ x 100g pack beansprout
- 4 spring onions , finely chopped
- ¼ Chinese cabbage , shredded
- small pack coriander , roughly chopped
- juice 1 lime
- 1 ball stem ginger from a jar, very finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup
- STEP 1
Heat a griddle pan. Rub 1 tsp of oil onto the chicken breasts and season. Griddle for around 4 mins on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Toss the aubergine in the remaining oil and griddle for 5 mins on all sides, including the skin side, until tender. You may need to turn down the heat and keep turning the aubergine, as it will take some time to become totally soft. Brush with the hoisin sauce and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, adding the beansprouts for the last 30 secs of cooking. Drain thoroughly. Mix with the remaining ingredients, saving a handful of spring onions. Season and put on plates or in bowls. Lay the chicken and grilled aubergine on top. Scatter over the remaining spring onions and serve.