Full English crumpets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 pork sausages , cut in half lengthways
- 415g can baked beans
- big dash each of Tabasco & Worcestershire sauce
- a pinch of smoked paprika
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 crumpets
- chilli jam , ketchup or brown sauce, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to the highest setting. Spread the bacon and sausages (cut side down) out on two baking trays and grill for 10 mins, turning the bacon halfway until cooked through and turning crispy.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile heat the beans in a pan over a low heat. Add the Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and paprika, stir in ½ the butter and season. Leave to bubble away.
- STEP 3
Fry the eggs in the oil and remaining butter, basting from time to time until the whites are set and yolks runny. Sprinkle with sea salt if you like.
- STEP 4
Grill the crumpets. Divide the bacon, sausages and beans between 3 of the crumpets, top each with a fried egg, then spread your choice of sauce (if using) on the lid of your crumpet sandwich. Shut together and serve.