Feta & clementine lunch bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Pair piquant feta with green lentils, sweet clementines and crunchy peppers in this colourful packed lunch. It’s low-calorie and rich in vitamin C and fibre
- 1 red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 2 clementines , 1 zested, flesh sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 400g can green lentils , drained
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper , quartered and sliced
- 60g feta , crumbled
- small handful mint , chopped
- 4 walnut halves , chopped
- STEP 1
Mix the onion with the lemon juice, lemon and clementine zest and garlic.
- STEP 2
Tip the lentils into two bowls or lunchboxes and drizzle over the balsamic and 1 tbsp oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick wok, add the pepper and stir-fry for 3 mins. Tip in half the onion and cook until tender. Pile on top of the lentils, then mix the clementines, remaining onions, feta, mint and walnut pieces.
SIGN UP TO OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!