Easy vegan pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4-6 (makes 16 pancakes)
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (any kind)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 400ml plant-based milk (such as oat, almond or soya)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
To serve (optional)
- banana slices, blueberries, maple syrup, vegan chocolate chips, plant-based yogurt
- STEP 1
Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a bowl using a balloon whisk until mixed. Slowly pour in the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- STEP 2
Heat a little of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp batter into the pan at a time to make small, round pancakes. You will need to do this in batches of two-three at a time. Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges are set, and bubbles are appearing on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 mins until golden on both sides and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- STEP 3
Serve stacked with lots of toppings of your choice, or serve with bowls of toppings for everyone to help themselves.