Easy oven frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 85g fusilli or macaroni
- 1 leek or 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 85g frozen or canned sweetcorn
- 85g frozen peas
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (preferably lemon thyme)
- 50g extra mature vegetarian chedder , grated
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Grease a 1.2 litre baking dish with the olive oil.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water in a large pan for 8 mins. Add all the vegetables and cook for another 2-3 mins until the pasta is tender and the vegetables slightly softened. Drain, then tip into the baking dish and mix well.
- STEP 3
Beat together the eggs and milk in a jug and add the thyme. Mix the two cheeses together and add most of it to the egg mixture, then season. Pour into the baking dish, stir gently, then scatter the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 35-40 mins until set and golden. Cool for a few mins, then serve with a green salad.