Dover sole with buttered leeks & shrimps
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 50g butter
- 2 Dover sole , about 350g/12oz each, trimmed and top skin removed
- small glass white wine , about 125ml/4 fl oz
- 4 leeks , cut into large chunks
- 100g tub potted shrimp
- small bunch chives , snipped
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Lightly butter a large roasting tray and lay the fish in it side by side. Pour over the wine and dot the fish with any remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper, then bake for 15-20 mins or until the flesh just starts to come away from the bone.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the leeks in boiling salted water for 8-10 mins until soft, then drain. When the fish is ready, carefully lift onto a warm platter or plates. Place the roasting tray over a low flame, then heat the leeks and potted shrimps with the juices until the butter is melted. Stir through the chives, then serve alongside the fish with a few buttered new potatoes. To eat, simply lift the fillets away from the bone.