Deli-style stuffed falafel wrap
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 1
- ½ small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp fat-free yogurt
- ¼ lemon , juiced
- 1 flatbread or wrap
- large handful of spinach or lettuce, shredded
- 2-3 ready-to-eat falafel
- ¼ small cucumber , halved down the length, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tomato , halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 gherkin or pickled chilli, halved
- 1 tbsp pickled red cabbage , drained chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Mix the garlic, yogurt and lemon juice together in a bowl. Season, then loosen with 1 tbsp cold water if it seems too thick. Warm the flatbread in the toaster, if you like.
- STEP 2
Put the flatbread on a piece of baking parchment and top with the spinach or lettuce. Arrange the falafel in a line down the centre, then top with the cucumber and tomato slices. Add the gherkin, cabbage and a drizzle of chilli sauce, if using. Spoon over the yogurt mix.
- STEP 3
Use the baking parchment to help you fold in both ends of the wrap, then roll tightly into a burrito shape. Cut in half through the baking parchment using a bread knife, and tear it away to eat.