Chorizo & pepper lasagne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A new twist on a weeknight favourite - bake up spicy Spanish sausage in a tomato sauce with creamy white cheese sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 200g pack cooking chorizo sausages, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 value pack peppers (about 4, any mix of colours), deseeded and diced
- 500ml carton passata
- 500g tub natural fromage frais
- 1 egg
- 100g red leicester , grated
- 300g dried lasagne (9 sheets)
- small handful basil leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or wok, then cook the onions for 5-10 mins or until they start to colour. Add the chorizo, peppers and some seasoning, and cook for a few mins. Pour in the passata with 150ml water, then cover and cook for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, beat the fromage frais and egg with the cheese, then season.
- STEP 3
Spoon a third of the tomato sauce mixture into the base of a deep lasagne dish. Put 3 sheets of lasagne in a single layer on top, then cover with a third more sauce and 3 more lasagne sheets. Cover with the remainder of the sauce and sheets, then pour the cheese sauce on top. Bake for 40-50 mins until the topping is set and starting to colour. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.