Cheese & chive coleslaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 - 6
- 1 white cabbage (about 400g/14 oz)
- 1 carrot , coarsely grated
- 1 red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 20g pack chives
- 100g reduced-fat mature cheddar , grated
- STEP 1
Cut the cabbage in half, then cut it into quarters. Remove and discard core, then thinly shred cabbage. Put into a large mixing bowl. Add the carrot, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard. Snip in most of the chives.
- STEP 2
Mix coleslaw well with your hands, making sure every bit of salad is coated in the dressing. Season, then cover and chill or serve sprinkled with the cheese and the remaining chives.