Chickpea, spinach & almond butter bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2½cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fenugreek
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp unsalted almond butter
- 200g spinach, roughly chopped
- cooked rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat some oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onions for 5 mins. Add 50ml water and cook for 7 mins more until just brown. Add the garlic and ginger.
- STEP 2
Combine the coriander, cumin, turmeric, fenugreek and some pepper with 2 tbsp water, and tip into the pan. Cook for 5 mins more, then stir in the chickpeas.
- STEP 3
Stir in the stock and almond butter, then add the spinach and cook for 3-5 mins more until the spinach has wilted. Serve over rice.